The comfort and safety of our members and staff is of paramount importance and we would like to highlight a few points that will help us to minimise the risk of the spread of COVID 19 amongst our visitors.
Before you set off…
- If you or any of your household have experienced any of the published coronavirus symptoms, please do not visit our studios. Please stay home and follow government guidance on self-isolation.
- Please try to be ready in your dance attire before setting off for the lesson to minimise the number of people changing at the studio.
- To help minimise the spread of Covid-19, we will not be taking any cash payments at the studio. Please complete all bookings online in advance of the class/lesson.
Arrival/Waiting Area Information
- The wearing of face-coverings is optional… however for the comfort and safety of yourself and other visitors, we suggest that you wear one in our reception areas at busier class changeover times.
- Private lessons and all adult classes may enter the building no sooner than 5 minutes prior to the lesson/class start time.
- Pre-school aged children may come into the building no sooner than 5 minutes before the start of their class unless requested otherwise by door staff on duty.
- Primary school aged class children are requested to continue to wait outside at the DROP OFF POINT until called in for their class
- Secondary school aged class children may come into the building no sooner than 5 minutes before the start of their class unless requested otherwise by door staff on duty.
- Parents of children up to school year 1 are permitted to wait in the reception area for the duration of the class. Parents of children in school year 2 upwards are asked to leave children with us at the DROP OFF point. At the end of the class, the teacher will accompany dancers back to the main door and parents are asked to wait in the COLLECTION queue to the right side of the entrance door where we will hand back over to parents. We ask that primary school aged children are met at the door.
- On entry to the building, please either thoroughly wash hands with soap/water AND/OR use the hand sanitising gel from the station provided at the building entrance. Please repeat where necessary i.e. after coughing, sneezing etc.
- Please note that hot drinks will not be available for purchase at this time. The vending machines at our Nelson & Blackburn studios will be back in operation very soon.
- Complimentary tea/coffee will be available for adult daytime class members after their class & a studio space will be allocated for this so that we can keep our reception area clear for the next lessons/classes arriving.
- From September, our maximum capacity for each class will increase. Just a small increase for adult classes and a bigger increase for children’s classes. The taped squares in our studios are going to be left in place for the time being but no longer need to be used. We encourage our dancers to try to keep spaced out away from other class members.
- Pupil to pupil contact/partnering (from different households) is now permitted if both parties are in agreement and feel comfortable.
- Teacher to pupil contact/partnering is at the teachers’ discretion.
- Pilates/Yoga Mats are currently not available for use. Please bring own if required
If you have any questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org