We hope that you are keeping safe and well during these rather strange times. Many of you have been asking us what our plans are for the showcase project this year so we thought that we would drop you a line to keep you updated with where we are up to.
As with pretty much everything at the moment, the honest answer is that we aren’t 100% sure how the next few months will pan out. We are, however, very much aware that for many dancers, the show production is one of the highlights of the year, so we have been spending many hours talking, planning and getting prepared for the challenges that lie ahead and how we might overcome them.
At this stage, we really don’t know how the social distancing measures will affect the group tuition or indeed the show production itself, however we are keen to outline a provisional plan for how we envisage the project might work and then adapt it where necessary as time progresses.
At this present time, we feel that the November show date is possibly being a little too ambitious, so we are currently looking at the possibility of moving it to January 2021. We aren’t yet in a position to secure a date with the theatre, however we will keep you updated on this as and when we know more.
For the tuition side of the show project, our Showcase and Latin teams will be grouped into two bands as follows
For the time being, the two infant groups listed below will remain on hold until we have a better idea of dates and then we will plan the tuition schedule accordingly. We will continue to delay the direct debit payments until we have more information.
- Infant Showcase
- Infant Latin Team
Following our success with the online zoom classes that we have been running during the lockdown period, we feel confident that we are in a position to be able to continue the show training via this online method until we can meet again in the studio. We would like to propose the following outline for the classes below
W.C. Monday 22nd June to W.C Monday 24th August inclusive (10 weeks)
Each group will receive their tuition via the online ZOOM app at the following times:
- Lower Junior Showcase – Sat 2.00-2.45pm
- Upper Junior Showcase – Sat 2.00-2.45pm
- Lower Senior Showcase – Fri 7.00-7.45pm
- Upper Senior Showcase – Fri 8.15-9.00pm
- Junior Latin Team – Sat 1.20-1.50pm
- Senior Latin Team – Fri 7.45-8.15pm
* The routines taught during each ZOOM session will also be filmed and emailed to each group so that if they are unable to attend a session, they can still learn the work.
* Please don’t worry if you are unsure about using the ZOOM app, if you aren’t familiar with it, our staff can help you to get set up and show you how to use it.
W.C. Monday 31st August up to the show weekend.
* Group sessions will be run according to social distancing guidelines at that particular time. In an ideal world, it would be great to have the groups back in the studio, however if social distancing guidelines don’t permit that, we may need to work with smaller groups and/or continue to depend on the ZOOM app for a while longer.
Once we know the show date, we will total up the number of sessions given before lockdown, the zoom sessions during lockdown and the group sessions running up to the show, if we fall below the tuition time normally offered, then we will arrange a couple of extra practise sessions to make up this time.
Band B Direct Debt Payments
- For all those in the Band B group that opted for the direct debit option, we would re-start taking the direct debit payments from mid-July 2020 for 6 consecutive months up to mid-December 2020.
What to do next…..
- If we don’t hear from you, we will presume that you are happy to go ahead with this. If for any reason you don’t wish to continue as outlined, it would be appreciated if you could let us know by Monday 15th
- Then during the week commencing 15th June we will get everyone set up with their ZOOM groups ready to start the following week.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me or one of the team.